Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Wonderful Husband!

I wanted to take a quick minute and post some pictures of the fire pit that Damon built me for Christmas. He did such a wonderful job. We got the idea from pintrest to have one in our back yard and found some instructions on how to build it. Well this one turned out 100 times better then the one on pintrest. Mainly because Damon built it but also because Damon's Uncle owns a bricking company and helped him design it and make it all professional. I got to go pick out the brick that I wanted. We all got a good laugh when I picked out the brick because I picked one out that was rustic looking and then Damon's Uncle informed us that it was a Mexican brick. Damon said of course the Mexican would pick the Mexican brick. What can I say, us Mexicans have good taste. :0) Not only did Damon build this but I have been so so sick for over a week now. It started out with the flu and developed into bronchitis. And there was one night that I threw up 11 times in 5 hours that my Uncle who is a Dr. told Damon to get me to the ER. And Damon sat in the ER with me for 6 hours and not once did he complain. He did everything he could to help me be comfortable and all. I got extremely dehydrated and they had to put 2 liters of IV fluid in me to get me going again. With lots of other drugs mixed in. Now if I could just sleep at night then the world would be right again. And then the next night he rushed off to the ER with my Mother for my Dad who was being taken by ambulance. And then spent half the night there with them. Again not complaining once. But back to my amazing husband. :0) I am so lucky to have him in my life and the father of my two beautiful children. With being sick and all he has been helping us stay in the Christmas spirit. He goes to work all day long and comes home to help me with the kids and has not complained that I haven't cleaned in over a week or cooked in over a week due to be sick. He brings dinner home and tends to the kids for me so that I can rest. What a great husband and father. Thank you so much Damon for all that you do! We love you so very much!!!

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Awww

Bowman and Nanette said...

Wow, Jodie! It looks great! Glad you're feeling better :)