Thursday, August 28, 2008

Summer 2008

This summer we had a lot of fun visiting family and friends. Here are a couple of pictures of some of the fun things that we did. My sister, Janna and her 2 little boys came to Texas from New York for a 2 week visit this summer. And we enjoyed seeing them and letting the cousins play together. We went to Vidor to see them at my parents and then they came and visited us in Houston for 2 days. We had a lot of fun going to the zoo and playing at the splash pad. That is always a favorite of the kiddos.
Jay reading to his puppy, Tonka. Notice that it is a Spanish book. Thanks to his Daddy. Jay loves reading to his puppy.

Jay playing in the water hose at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's.



Janna, Derrick & Dallin Wilcox and Jay & Jodie Wright. Riding the train around the Houston Zoo. The boys loved it!!!!




Peak...



Abew!


Jay Wright & Dallin Wilcox playing at the splash pad.



Jordan Hickey & Jay Wright playing Maw Maw's piano.


Look what Maw Maw caught!



Jay playing at the Houston Zoo playground. Seriously, how could we ever say "No" to that sweet face! I know, I know... he is 100% Damon! And I think that is great!


Jay Wright & Dallin Wilcox in Paw Paw Portie's frontend loader on his tractor. Paw Paw & Maw Maw put them in there to get a quick shot. The boys always have a ton of fun running around and playing on their farm. Good thing they only have 6 grandsons. We will find out if we will add another grandson or have a first granddaughter on Sept. 19th. Damon and I will be happy either way! Just as long as we have a healthy baby. That is all that we can pray for.


Jay in his "Nemo" hat that he loves to wear when he is watching Nemo. Maw Maw Portie caught him in the act of wearing it.



One day Jay just would NOT go to sleep for his nap. I knew that he was tired since we had been everywhere in the world that morning. : ) Even though he is in a big boy bed, he will not come downstairs till you tell him it is okay. So he sat at the top of the stairs for a long time crying and asking to come down. I just wouldn't answer him or I would tell him to go back to be. After about 45 minutes the "Mommys" stopped. And I walked upstairs to find this... him asleep on the floor at the top of the stairs. Don't worry, I am not a totally mean Mom, I did carry him into his bed. And he took a 2 1/2 hour nap.

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

Cute pictures of that little guy. He does look just like his daddy! Cody is trying to help Anna speak Spanish too, and since she loves Dora it hasn't been too hard. Let us know when you find out what you're having; we are excited for you guys! Take care!

Melissa said...

He is so cute. He has a great smile. Sounds like y'all had a busy and fun summer. Can't wait to find out what you're having. I secretly hope it's girl because I know she'll be gorgeous and I can totally see you dressing her up so fabulously. Plus you need a girl to shake those boys up and keep them in line. =)

Darren said...

What a cute boy he is. Dallin wants to know when Jay is coming to his house to play. It was fun to see you! Love you!

Darren said...

By the way, when you see Darren, it is really Janna posting on your blog.