Wednesday, September 8, 2010

If a cat has 9 lives, how many lives does Damon have?

I asked how many lives Damon has because he seriously has the WORST luck with cars ever!!! I do not know anyone with luck like his! Well maybe one of my cousins but still, Damon's luck is amazing!!!! So as you all know, Damon was in his big wreck back in Feb. 2004 and then in another wreck 18 months later. Then when we were moving from Amarillo the car broke down on him in downtown Dallas on Mother's Day and the list seriously goes on and on. And the thing is that these have all been different cars. All Honda's but different cars! And I still love Honda and I especially love this Honda! I got it when I graduated High School back in '99. Yes, I am that old! And so is the car! But it has been the best car! Seriously, it hardly ever has any problems! So good! As I posted before Damon has been working over in Houston during the week and then driving home on Friday night's. So I am here with the kids all week long and Damon is playing bachelor over in Houston all week long. Fair trade right? Yeah!!!! Well back in June Damon tells me that something is wrong with the front driver tire on the car so I take it in to Wal-Mart for them to look at it since it is Saturday afternoon and no one else is open. And it is a new tire too. Like 2 months old. So they take it off and say it has no problems. Okay tell Damon and he says okay whatever. Then about 3 weeks ago the same thing. So I take it to Wal-Mart a second time and they do the same thing... no problem. Well then Damon was driving home this past Friday night and he got to Baytown and the tire is messed up!!! He pulls over to find that one of the bolts is missing, it broke off and is gone. He then tries to change the tire and 3 out of 4 bolts brake off. Okay, I know that Dame is strong and everything but seriously, he is NOT that strong! (Love you Babe!) There is NO way that he could have broken off 3 other bolts all by himself. And if they are that easy to brake off then we would all be dead! So we get the car towed to a repair shop and they look at it and conclude that the reason they broke off is because who ever but the tire back on did not put it on correctly or even tight and so that caused all the below problems. A whole $2200.00 in problems! Yeah I said the right number! That is insane!!!!! But I am grateful that they didn't all break off and then it cause the tire to fall off and Damon be in a serious accident on I-10! My heart sunk when I heard that is what could have happened! Grrrr... Wal-Mart! I will not have any tires fixed at your store anymore. But on the plus side for Wal-Mart, they are putting me in a rental and then paying to fix the car 100%! Yay! They own up to their mistakes!!! I am so happy! And BLESSED that Dame is safe and that he wasn't run over by an 18-wheeler! : ) I do love my husband even if he does leave us all week long. ha ha... Which he will not have to do after we get back from vacation. Yay! Love you Damon and we are so glad to still have you in our lives! You are the best husband and daddy ever!!!! Maybe I should up his life insurance with the way that he is toying with his life. : )
Spare on the injured car!
All the damage under.
My poor baby! Look at her!
More damage under!
The tire with all of it's damage! Took the tread completely off!

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

That is absolutely crazy!!
I am so impressed by wal-mart right now!
Not at them doing the bolts incorrectly but at them taking care of the expenses!!