Monday, September 12, 2011

First Room Mom Project

So I am the Room Mom for Jay's class. Big shocker if you know me, right? lol Well we had our first Room Mom project and it was for the Book Fair that they are having this week. We had to decorate a brown paper bag and it had to go with the theme, "Reading Can Take You Out of This World". Not too bad. So I got the thinking and thought, class on rocket to outer space. And this is what I came up with.


I went and took pictures of the kiddos in Jay's class and his teacher. Put a rocket on the bag and the kids in the windows looking out of the rocket. And of course, his teacher had to be the Chief. I then added the moon, planets, astronauts reading books, books, a shooting star and aliens by wire like that is where the rocket is going to. And I thought, "Wow, this turned out pretty dang good." Yeah I wasn't thinking that when I got to the school this morning. It was crazy! They said, use a paper bag but there were boxes and much more. One of the boxes was made into a school bus with rockets on it. Very cute! But then there were very plain ones. So it went from very creative to cute a few things and glue them to the bag and Jay's class bag was somewhere in the middle. They are actually having a competition with this and the winning bag that teacher gets a gift card to the book fair for her class and then the second place gets one too, just less money. Sorry to say Mrs. Melvin, you did NOT win this year! They haven't judged yet but there is NO way. But it was fun and Jay helped so that is all that matters, really! That is why I wanted to be room mom, to spend more time with Jay. It was fun making the bag. So if you ever have to do a little craft like this, have fun with it. And that is all that matters. :0)

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I think because you followed the rules you have a great chance at winning, it looks amazing. So creative to split the rocket so the bag would stand up. I love personalized things so the pictures were right up my alley!