Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Couple of Fun Things

Here are a couple of fun pictures from things that we have done over the last couple of days.

Emma had her first "Play Date" Sunday after Stake Conference. We had a couple of friends over for dinner and both friends have children that are really close to Emma's age. The oldest is Kara Jane Quaife and she was born Dec. 23, 2008. And Luke Henry Simonsen was born Jan. 27, 2009 (3 Days before Emma). Emma is the smallest of the bunch. And if you have known us since Jay was a baby then you know that we are NOT use to having the smallest baby. With Jay being a 10 pound baby he was the largest of the bunch and growing out of things before it was time to move onto the next size of clothes. Well at 1 month old Emma weighed 9 pounds and was just starting to out grow her "Newborn" clothes. And she is now in 0-3 months. But they still swallow her whole. Jay is still loving having his baby sister around. And he ask to hold her several times a day. Every time he holds her he says, "Emma, I'm your Big Brother and I love you!" It is WAY too cute! Emma is always getting covered with tons of hugs and kisses from Jay. We are glad that so far so good with Jay and his baby sister.
Emma, Luke and Kara
Emma, Luke, and Kara
Take 2
(Actually I just kept snapping so there were more like 20 pictures. : ) )
Emma Wright & Luke Simonsen
Pretty in Purple
(I know that she is sleeping. But I just love how good she looks in purple with her skin tone. I think that so far, this is her color. Maybe I am a little to one side since I am her M0m.)
I know, VERY poor photo quality. But you have to snap and snap fast when she is smiling at you. In this picture Jay was talking to her and she was looking and watching him and she was smiling over and over again. We love her smiling at us. And on Monday we even got a little giggle from her. Jay loved having his sister laugh at us.
With the weather going back and forth from 80 to 40. We are trying to find lots of fun things to do during the day. So here is one of the many forts that we made for Jay and I to read books in. He is laying on both of our pillows.

No comments: