Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stir CRAZY!!!

Okay... so my sister-in-law, Lisa, is going to laugh and say, "Knew it!!" But I am going CRAZY, stir crazy that is!!!! We have LOVED having Emma here with us and it is a ton of fun to have her with our family. And I am thinking that it is the fact that I know in my head that I can't get out, and just not having the option to do so. We believe that it is best that we don't get our newborn babies out and about for the first 6 weeks of their lives. Especially with all the crud that is going around and everyone that has been sick here lately. So Emma will be 4 weeks old on Friday (sad!!!). But... I still have another 2 weeks of being inside. I do get out every now and then. We went and got take out on Valentine's Day, I went to a good friends birthday party and stayed out for about 2 1/2 hours, and I have gone to the store about 3 times. And that is my life for the past 4 weeks. Yep, nothing else! Damon always ask, "What are you going to do today?" And I tell him that question is getting a little old. Mainly because the response is ALWAYS the same, "Feed Emma, change her diapers, clean up her spit up, pick up toys, feed Jay lunch, play with Jay, read to Jay, clean the house, etc." Yeah, getting a little tired of answering that question. So yesterday with the weather so dang nice I decided, twice, that we needed to go on a walk. And we did just that. Jay got on his tri-cycle and Emma in the stroller, covered up with a blanket. We were gone both times for about an hour. But other then that, what else is there to do? I am in need of some suggestions. So input please!!!!! If you are one of those that also like to keep your new babies in for a little bit, what did you do to keep yourself busy? And like I said, I think that it is just that I know that I can't go anywhere. And we are about to have a lot of family and friends come in for the baby blessing so I guess that I could deep clean. But cleaning is getting really boring. I would love to hear some of your ideas. Thanks

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Best of luck to you with this one. I had Grant out of the house at 10 days. We had all our family here from the hurricanes so I was dying to get out. Two more weeks won't be that bad.