Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pre-Emma to Emma

So I know that all of you are probably saying, "Jodie is the worst blogger in the world." Well, this statement is true!!! I have enjoyed reading all of your updates to your blogs but I have not stopped long enough to add onto ours. Oops!!! So here are a couple of things that have happened since my last blog in December. And I will try to update more tomorrow. Promise!!! Damon and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on November 28, 2008. Yeah for 5 years and all that those years contained. We are grateful for every minute of it! Even every trial. We spent Thanksgiving in Vidor with family and friends. Our friends the Simonsen's (Joseph, Stacia and Samuel) joined us in Vidor where we ate lots of food and had a lot of fun showing them the many sites of Vidor (lol...). The many sites being the Torres family neighborhood and the Portie family neighborhood. : ) And that is about all that exsist in Vidor for us. And any of you that are from Vidor know exactly what I am talking about. But the Simonsen's said they enjoyed every minute of it and their little boy, Samuel, loved Jay's Paw Paw's farm. We even got to find some baby goats that were just born on our mule ride. Here is a picture of that fun Thanksgiving event.



Damon, Jay , Samuel and Joseph in the back of the mule getting ready to go on a ride out in Paw Paw Portie's pasture. The boys were so excited. Jay was so excited that he feel asleep mid-ride.



Train ride through the Torres neighborhood. Thanksgiving Day 2008


Samuel and Jodie chilling watching the Polar Express at Maw Maw & Paw Paw Portie's.


Samuel and Stacia checking out Paw Paw Portie's horses. This one's name is ET. And he is Jay's favorite. Samuel really liked ET too.



Then we hit Christmas and I will post those pictures later. Once I find them. ha ha... So prego brain at the time. Then January came and myself and the rest of the Primary Presidency was released due to the fact that 3 out of the 5 were pregnant and then 1 had just had a baby 6 months before. It is a common joke in our ward that if you want to get pregnant just ask for a calling the the Primary Presidency. Since counting us the last 4 Presidencies have been released due to the fact that a majority of them were pregnant. Here are a couple of pictures that our neighbor took of our little family. The week before I had Emma. Please try not to laugh too hard. I have to say, NOT the funniest thing that I have ever done! Not at all. So here are some of those pictures.

Family Picture January 2009 - Pre Emma

Mommy & Jay
(Love the little face that Jay is making!)
Jay giving his baby sister a kiss.

LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!!
Damon & Jay




Then about a week went by and on January 30, 2009 at 1:29pm a beautiful 7 pound 14 1/2 ounce and 20 inch long Emma Annalie Wright joined our family! I had to have a scheduled c-section due to the fact that when I had Jay I went through 26 hours of labor to only have to have a c-section since the whole labor thing wasn't working with my body. When I got to a 5 my body just stopped and to get Jay out a c-section was the only answer. So Emma joined our family the same way. I do have to say. The whole waiting thing for 2 hours at the hospital was the WORST part. I drove myself insane! If it weren't for that I think that I might be able to have 100 more. But mentally I can NOT do it. But then again, after all the waiting Emma was born. She is a beautiful little angel and we love her so much! I could tell when the Doctor pulled her out and man did the tears just start coming. I knew that she was with us and she hadn't even started crying yet. And then I saw her and I couldn't stop crying! Damon was such a proud and happy Daddy. Here is the first family (minus Jay) picture that we got.





Emma, Jodie & Damon just minutes after Emma was born!She looks just like Jay when he was born! What a beautiful angel!


Jay singing "Happy Birthday" to his new baby sister, Emma. This was totally his idea. He said that when the Doctor got his sister out of Mommy's tummy that it would be Emma's birthday and that she would need a cake. Also that since she would be little, he would "have" to eat it for her. (Yeah right!) "Have" to... But he still talks about singing Happy Birthday to Emma. It made the day that much more special. Emma also brought him a gift and he loved the fact that she was sharing her birthday. He really does love his sister.
Jay getting to hold Emma for the first time. And there have been many more times that he has held her. He really loves having her around. Every time he wakes up, walks into the room, or anything the first thing out of his mouth is, "Where is my baby sister?" We love the fact that he loves her!!!


Emma Annalie Wright
Ready to go from the hospital! She is a total Wright baby in this picture! Love it and Love her!

So I know that some of you are saying, please new pictures. If this isn't the first time that you are seeing Emma. I will down load more tomorrow. And then my Mom got some great ones. Since it was a little easier for her to get some good pictures looking in from the outside. She just left tonight and we were soooooo sad to see her go. But she will be back on Friday night (YEAH!!!) and I will down load the pictures that she has. So here is the start to our lives with 2 children, Jay Grant and Emma Annalie!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the update! Such a great story you shared about having Jay and Emma. I think birth is so miraculous no matter how it is done. Thanks for sharing! You have a beautiful family!

Melanie said...

Great update Jodie! Glad to see you back in the blogging world:) have I told you how adorable Emma is yet?? I can't wait to meet my beautiful little niece.

Chelsey said...

Emma is so sweet and precious! I'm glad you posted pictures of her; she is beautiful! Jay is making a great big brother already. Congrats guys!