So recently I have been really enjoying making Nursing Covers (aka- "Hooter Hiders"). I got one for my baby shower from one of my really good friends here in Houston. And oh, how I LOVE mine. So I thought, I should make these. And I am. We have about 14 babies to be born this year in our ward. And so far, only 2 of them have been born. This is one of my new best friends as a new mom. : ) There is a strap at the top that hold the cover on you so no more fighting with keeping a blanket up. Also there is a material called boning that allows you to see down to your baby while they are nursing and no one can see in. And the little different color that is flapped up is a pocket on the inside that allows you to put the pacifier or whatever in there while you are nursing. They have actually been really popular and I have managed to even sell some. The ones that you buy at Target or where ever sell for around $40 and needless to say, mine are not that much. Here are a couple of pictures of two that I have made.

This is another one of my fun projects. My friend Sarah Crawford had one of these sticking out of her diaper bag at my shower so I snapped a picture of it and have been having a fun time figuring out how I like to make them. It think this way is so far my favorite way. It is a Diaper, Wipes and Hooter Hider Case (Or instead of a Hooter Hider you can put in a little changing pad.)
Here is it closed.As you can tell, I really like trying new projects and seeing if I can figure out how to do something. I talked to my friend Natalie while we were in Vidor over Spring Break and she is going to send me instructions on how to make diaper bags. So I am sure that will take a LOT longer then these two projects on figuring out how to make them. Sewing is a really fun way to slow down life and just relax. Some people enjoy reading and I enjoy sewing. I just thought that I would share with you some fun projects.


Opened all the way. You can see the Wipes, Diapers and Hooter Hider. I actually made this one for my friend Laina



1 comment:
my sister in law got me a hooter hider with my last baby and I too LOVE IT! good job on all the crafts! I have a sewing machine and that about sums up my sewing abilities haha
Post a Comment