Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Working 9 to 5...

Okay not really working 9 to 5 but you might have guessed it... I will be working again! Back when we first moved to Houston, I began working for the same company as Damon. It was a great opportunity, I was able to set my own hours and work just a few days a month. The company that Damon worked for in Houston was called CyFair Cancer Center. And they were fairly new in the Houston area and so the patient load was pretty small. However, they did have another office in Pt. Arthur, TX called The Cancer Center of Southeast Texas. And that is where Damon is currently working. You see, I am a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist and that allows me to kind of branch out into all sorts of Billing and Coding Issues. I am the one that finds the formula and numbers for the insurance company to understand what all happened when you went to see the doctor or in the hospital or anything medical. I have been doing this for about 12 years now on and off and actually really enjoy it. So with the patient number being larger in the Pt. Arthur office I would work over there for 3 days a week, every other week to get all the billing done and make sure that everything that was billed for accounted for in the patients charts. When I person receives Radiation Therapy there are several things that happens everyday of their treatment and I had to make sure that every little thing was in the charges as well as in the chart. Even if it meant hunting the Doctor down to finish something. So while we lived in Houston, I would drive to Vidor and stay with my parents every other week while I worked those 3 days. We hired a sitter to watch Jay while I was working. And every now and then I would work in the Houston office but it was just about once a month. I found that I could work really hard and get everything taken care of in one day if I didn't slack off and get it done. Well now... I will be working in the Houston office. That's right, even though I now live closer to their Pt. Arthur office, I will me driving to Houston once a week and taking care of the billing and coding. Funny how things work sometimes. I do enjoy having a little break to be Jodie and I will miss my children so much while I work.

Sorry it has been a while since I posted anything! There has been tons going on around here. I promise that I will do a good post with pictures later. Hey at least I am posting anything. Here is a little catch up, for the past 3 weeks Damon has been working in the Houston office since the guy that was there quit and moved to California with a days notice. So I have been a single Mom for the past 3 weeks. Not fun! Hats off to all you single Moms out there or like in my sister-in-law, Gina's, case, Mom's with their husbands in residency. Damon stays in Houston Monday through Friday and gets home sometimes late Friday night and then we spend Saturday and Sunday together doing family things and running from one thing to another. This is NOT my idea of fun but I am so thankful he has a job and that he is working hard to support us! He is a wonderful husband and father! I do try to make it over there once a week to see him with and without the children. Like tomorrow, we will be meeting in Baytown to have dinner as a family! Looking at it, it makes me sort of laugh! Oh well, you take the bad and good and the up and down and the back and forth all together. Just before Damon started all this up, he was called to be the Elder's Quorum President in our ward here in Vidor. He enjoys serving in the church and his mind always is going, going, going with different ideas! I would just love for him to learn to make those ideas happen without me being the one that has to do them. lol When an idea comes out of his mouth, all that registers is, "Oh great, how long is this going to take me to do?" We had an activity at the beginning of this month and we played "Minute to Win It". Wow, that was a LOAD of work! And I did it as a single mother. So many places to go and get things. But it was a huge success and everyone had a lot of fun, so that made it worth it! Our friends the Simonsens even came from Houston to party it up with us for the weekend. And the same Sunday that Damon was called to be the Elder's Quorum President, I was called to be the 1st Counselor in the Relief Society. Talk about taking a deep breath and jumping in. So needless to say, our lives have been none stop! There has been so much more that has happened this summer and I promise, in a couple of days, I will blog about that too, with pictures. Until then, this crummy update post will have to do. : )

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow. That is a handful. If anyone can do it, you can! :)