Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Jay!

Happy Birthday Jay Grant Wright!
We love you so much and we are so grateful that you came into our lives! We are blessed to have you in our lives! So here is my story of having Jay those 5 years.
On October 9, 2005 I began waking up every hour but I didn't think a thing about it. Then the next day when Damon got home we were about to have dinner that my Mom cooked and I told him that my stomach was hurting. And then I brought it up about 6 minutes later. And it happened again 6 minutes later. Well Damon noticed a pattern and started timing. Well by the end of it, they were coming every 5 minutes. So we quickly called the Doctor and we met him at the hospital. They were convinced that he was coming soon! Well little did they know that he wasn't coming anytime soon. We got to the hospital at 6pm on Monday (10-10-05) and sat up and watched everyone around me sleep since I couldn't get comfortable! I wanted to throw my pillows at Damon and my Mom! It was not comfortable and so why should they? lol So after waiting all day on Tuesday (10-11-05) they finally decided to do a c-section. And not a moment too soon. Because as soon as they laid me on the c-section table my blood pressure bottomed out and I blacked out! They rushed Damon into the room and it took them 4 minutes to get him out. One of the fasted c-sections recorded at that hospital. And when Jay was out at 8:18pm I came back to and got to see my beautiful baby boy, Jay Grant Wright. He was a very healthy 10 pounds- 4 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long and his head was HUGE! Jay had tons of beautiful black hair! (So much that he got a hair cut the day he came home from the hospital.) One day in the hospital when the girl came in to get my temp and blood pressure she began to ask if I heard about the 10 pound baby that was born the other night. She began to go on and on and say that she would like to see that Momma because she must be a big lady. She then realized that I was the Momma of the 10 pound baby when I began to cry! She quickly excused herself from the room. You know what, I never saw her again. lol But here are 5 things that I have come to love about Jay in the past 5 years!
1- He is a total Momma's boy! And loves to be cuddled and held by his Mom! So adorable!
2- Jay loves playing outside! Especially on my parent's farm.
3- He is so smart and I love to hear about everything that he learns every day!
4- If I am asleep he will come in and kiss me on the cheek and say, "Good morning Beautiful!" (I actually told me that is the best way to wake me up! And so he has done it for a couple of years now. Too cute!!)
5- He is the best big brother Emma could ask for! And such a great example to her!
Happy 5th birthday Jay! We LOVE you!

I took Jay and Emma and one of Jay's friends, Bret to Chuck E. Cheese on his actual birthday. They had a blast and here are a few pics to prove it! We then went to meet Damon for lunch at Chili's and the boys loved it! Everything was very good! Thanks Aislynn for letting Bret spend the day with us! We really enjoyed having him! Such an angel!

Jay and Bret watching a movie on the way to Chuck E. Cheese.
Emma on her FAVORITE ride! Seriously, she will ride this horse for hours!
Bret and Jay playing together.
Emma happy as can be!
Trying to smile and make Momma happy while still trying to play the game.
Jay and Bret dancing. Don't really think that they knew what was going on. Too cute!
Cute boys- Jay and Bret!
Another thing Emma didn't like! It is moving and there is a mouse in it!! Get me out of here!!!
Bret, Emma and Jay on the Monster truck. Bret and Jay are loving it but Emma, well, not so much! She was holding onto them screaming. Poor baby girl!
Emma staring at Chuck E Cheese hoping that he doesn't come any closer! My kids love Chuck E Cheese the place but NOT the mouse! They are so afraid of him!!
Jay, Bret and Damon digging into some yummy Chocolate Molton Cake! It was so good!
Emma enjoying some M&Ms at Chili's while we have a nice birthday lunch for Jay.
Happy Birthday cute boy! We love you so much! And we are so grateful that you entered our lives 5 years ago after a LONG 27 hours of labor! You and your 10 pounds - 4 ounces were worth all the waiting and labor! Happy Birthday Pumpkin!

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

what an awesome birthday!
you are one happening mom!!

Chelsey said...

Cute cute pictures! Your kids are so adorable and growing up so fast!!!