Well, I think that I am about to shock all of you that thought that I forgot that the blogging world existed! lol I know, I know... It has been almost a year since I last blogged. So I will try and give you a very short update. I will just let you know about months that stuff happened to us. So here we go. I will try and download pictures later. For now it is just boring words.
June 2009-
We took at trip to Utah to celebrate my Grandfather's 90th birthday! All but 2 of his Grandchildren were able to be there. We had a great time seeing my Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins that we haven't seen since Jay was 6 months old and some a lot longer then that. And our favorite part, spending sometime with my Grandfather. He is such a wonderful man and married to a very special lady, Rhean. Who came into my life when I was 3. It was a wild weekend as we were only there for 4 days. But man, did we make sure and get the most out of all of it.
We also had a Wright Family Reunion in Tyler, TX. Damon's sister, Gina, planned it and did a WONDERFUL job! It isn't easy to plan for 40+ people. Especially since she was pregnant, her husband was graduating from Medical School, they were trying to move and she ended up having her sweet little Brooklyn a lot earlier then planned. (Brooklyn is now 1 and a very healthy and happy baby girl!) She did an amazing job and the reunion turned out amazing! All of Damon's brothers and sisters were able to attend, along with all of the Wright Grand babies. It was another fun and busy weekend!
Then the next weekend, Damon's youngest sister, Kami, was married! She was the most beautiful bride ever! She was married in the Houston, TX Temple so everyone came from the reunion to the wedding. It was another crazy and totally fun weekend with the family. (I will post pictures of Kami so that you can see how amazingly beautiful she is!) Damon's Mom did a great job on the reception and everything was so beautiful.
July 2009-
WE RESTED!!!! : ) From all the fun we had in June.
July 4th, we had a fun filled day with our friends, Adam and Amy Robison. We had lunch and then relaxed and went to the fireworks and Town Lake. Their daughter is one of Jay's best friends ever, Becca. We hope that they can keep that friendship and love alive for years to come! Adam had a great laugh at Jay during the fireworks. Jay was flipping out 100%. Screaming and crying. He had a total fear of fireworks. I was holding him and felt like I was trying to hold down a cat that was flipping out and trying to climb up me.
July 30th- our princess, Emma Annalie, turned 6 months old. By this time she had perfected the crawling and getting into everything! I was beginning to hate the stairs in our home. We shortly figured out that we had to put the gate back up. Which was a total pain. But oh well, what can ya do.
October 2009-
Conference Weekend- About 1 week prior to this Damon's boss had offered him a transfer back to the Southeast Texas office. Which would mean that we would have to move. He had been offered this transfer SEVERAL other times and every time he came home telling me, I would quickly tell him NO and get on with my business. We LOVED Houston and our ward and friends and had NO desire to move home to Vidor. But this time I felt like we really needed to pray on it. I knew and Damon knew without a doubt that we needed to move. I think that we both knew right after we prayed but it took us both a few days to say it to each other. Like I said, we were not wanting it AT ALL! I cried, he cried and we kind of planted our feet and said that we didn't want it. But we knew that it would have to happen. So we began the moving process. In the middle of it our baby boy, Jay, turned 4. (Oct. 11th) This birthday kind of got put on the back burner because of all the moving stuff. But we will make it up to him on his 5th. So after we told Damon's boss yes. It was 3 weeks till we moved. We didn't realize that she wanted him that soon. Well when he told her yes and when did he need to transfer she said tomorrow. Well, that wasn't going to work. We had to pack a family of 4 and a 2400 sq ft house up. So 3 weeks was decided. So Damon continued to work and I packed like CRAZY!!!!! 1 week into it Damon's boss realized that he had 3 weeks of Paid Time Off stored up. So she said that would be his last day and to take the last 2 weeks off to help me and get moved. Wow... what a life saver! There is no way I could have done it alone. So we moved Oct. 30. What a sad day in our lives! We did come back the next day for the ward Halloween party. So we told everyone our final good byes and moved.
November 2009-
Thanksgiving- The Robison Family (Adam, Amy, Brittney, Keldan and Becca) came to visit us! Yes!! Friends!!!! It was hard moving back to Vidor where we had been gone from for 5 years to come back and have no friends or social life. Remember it is the country! So when the Robison's came we had fun playing on the farm, riding horses and hanging out together.
December 2009-
Christmas- The Simonsen Family (Joseph, Stacia, Samuel and Luke) came for a visit! More Friends!!! YAY!!!!! We did the whole country thing again. We had a total blast! Samuel and Jay are 2 weeks apart in age. And Luke and Emma are 3 days apart in age. So it makes things soooooo easy! We were still getting use to being here in Vidor. But loving it. We had got re-acquainted with some old friends and made new ones. We live next door to my parents and the kids spend as much time as they can over there. My Mom's first thing that she did was have my dad put gates behind their house and mine so Jay could just run through the pasture to their house. And that path is well worn.
Okay, that is enough of boring ya'll for now. So I will post 2010 later. A whole year is a lot to tackle all at once. Oh well, I did it to myself! : ) Until next time...
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Glad you are alive...and most of all happy! Love ya!
Fun to read! Way to update--I've got about five months to catch up on...Vidor isn't that bad, is it? We're pretty fun, aren't we? I love that you guys are here--more excuses to party! So I'm selfishly glad you moved back!
Wow you have one good memory!
Way to do it all!
I especially enjoyed Oct. Those hard choices in life are just (no other way to say it) hard!
I look forward to more posts from you :)
I'm so glad you are alive!!! I am still trying to figure out how to find time to get on the computer!!! LOL!!!
Well it's about time girl. I'm looking forward to more post and pictures. Fun to talk the other day!
Post a Comment