Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Eeeekkk...

Really, it was that kind of day yesterday! First, I find one of these slithering through by back yard where me and the kids play! I scream!!! Call my Dad (For those of you who don't know, was a Biology teacher for many, many moons. And we have always had snakes at our home. This does NOT mean that I like them!) I tell him that there is a orange- yellow snake in my back yard and to come get it before I kill it! He is here in seriously, 60 seconds. Turns out that last August when he went to New York for my sister's baby girl's baby blessing his corn snake got away. He looked and looked when he came home to find it missing but never found it. He figured that it was gone. Well, less then 1 year later here is that corn snake crawling through my back yard. You might ask how we know it was the same snake? Corn snakes are not native to this part of the country. It was about 3 times the size it was last time he saw him. But that stupid snake scared me soooooo bad!


Then about 4 hours later Damon came home and I sent him out in the garden to pick a squash so that I could make it to go with his supper. He came in and said, "What is ...


a snake, doing in...

Hammy's cage?" Really? I throw whatever is in my hands and run outside. Oh no!!!! The snake ate the hamster. Who I put outside today to enjoy the nice weather. AHHHHHHH!!!! Jay is behind me and turns back and runs inside crying. Thankfully I am quick on my feet and tell him that Hammy got away and went and picked blackberries out in the woods and would come home later. Thank goodness! The tears stopped but Jay has ran out to the hamster cage every hour to see if Hammy came home. Well, of course Hammy hasn't come home. I haven't had time to go to the store to get "New" Hammy. lol Am I a bad Mom? I want to protect him from heart break. He lost his puppy 6 months ago when we moved here. He was hit on the side of the road and we found him one Sunday when we came home from church. I couldn't deal with this again. So now onto the quest of finding a "New" Hammy that looks the same. A goldfish would be much easier to replace. Stink! I don't want to do this but I don't want him to cry. So the search is on!

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I loved the part about your dad getting there in 60 seconds!
I don't think you are a bad mom. I'm impressed you thought of it!