Friday, June 10, 2011

2nd Post Op Visit

We went to our 2nd Post Operation visit on Wednesday to see Dr. Fakhri. The visit went really well! Damon got the all clear to go back to work on Monday!! YAY!!! I think that was his first question when the Dr. stepped into the room. :) I think that he is a little tired of moving from the bed to the couch and a few other places. But still when he is at those other places he has been sitting or laying. Damon is a very active person and this is killing him. So he is very excited for Monday to come! Monday will actually be 1 day short of 3 weeks from the surgery date. If any of you remember when Damon was in the car accident we were told that he would be in the hospital and rehab for no less then 6 months. Yay, that wasn't the case when Damon woke up from the coma and got up and going... he was in the hospital 1 day short of 2 weeks. What can I say, he is a quick and very determined healer. :) And such has been the case with this situation as well. Minus the hospital. The hospital was a rough start and was pretty rough throughout the whole stay. Dr. Fakhri had originally told us that Damon had to be on total bed rest for 4 weeks. Then he said that he could get up and do some things, a movie here and there for go visit as long as he still layed down and sat. After that he then said that maybe Damon could return to work after 3 weeks but that I would have to drive him. (Sorry, we live 45 minutes from his work. So that is a negative!) But really if I had to, I would have. However at this last visit the Dr. said that he could go back to work on Monday and drive himself. YES!!!! No taxi service here for me! Damon also got the stitches out of his back where the Lumbar Drain was and that wasn't pain free. The funniest thing of the visit was when Dr. Fakhri couldn't put the scope into Damon's nasal passage due to is nasal passage being very narrow. We mentioned that Damon had never been able to breath out of his nose. Dr. Fakhri then put some stuff in Damon's nose to open the airway and lo and behold, he could breath. The end result is that Damon is going to be referred to a specialist to get a "nose job". hahahahahahaha... To me this seems hilarious, I don't think that I know a single guy that has had a nose job. I think that I could think of tons of women. Damon's only concern is that he doesn't end up with this nose...


That is right, Damon does NOT want to have Michael Jackson's nose. I don't think that I will object to that. :) But I was thinking something along the lines of this...

Just joking! (Well sort of!) I would like his nose straight because after the car accident his nose was really crooked and it would be nice to have that straight. So that is the next step in all of this. We do have one more follow up with Dr. Fakhri on the 22nd of this month. Again, thank you all so much for all of your prayers and concern.

No comments: